Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hate Religion/Love Jesus...

I finally watched this video about hating religion and loving Jesus...my kids insisted.  Whoever this kid is, he has articulated the its-all-about-me position of why religion is bad and Jesus is good.  Of course, I have a few things to say.

Jesus was a Jew.  From beginning to end, a practicing Jew, quoting Jewish scripture, following Jewish traditional religious practice.  He was a reforming Jew, but I do not think you can make the argument that he was a-religious or anti-religious.

Jesus was not concerned with his own salvation.  He wanted to change the world--aligning it with God's purposes.  He did so in community, not alone.  After his death, his followers did the same...bringing Jesus' work into different places and forming different communities to do God's work.

If you are going to speak in quasi-rap, or rhyme...make it good.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment