Monday, July 26, 2010

Home...

Closing day at Montreat...and I am being pulled toward home...so much so that I am going to leave after worship instead of at 5 in the morning just to be at home.  There is a bed here...nice people just like home...food...maybe AC at home that I don't have here, but it hasn't stopped me from sleeping so far.  But it is home.

The Jeremiah Project youth performed an interpretation of the end of Revelation this morning, the celebration of God's kingdom here on earth...God living with God's people...all people.  The river of life that flows though the streets of the city, healing and bringing together the nations.  No more tears, pain, mourning...IT IS DONE!  God's kingdom is here!!

Home.  God's home.  Our God.  With us.  Part of my journey of faith is being pulled toward home...God's home...our God...with us.  Pain, mourning, tears...no AC...still with us...but the glimpses we have of this kingdom to come...this kingdom here, now...pulls toward home.

God, keep pulling...I want to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment