Monday, November 29, 2010

Help me...help me...help me...

Sometimes it's hard to stay in that place where your focus is on God.  Pray without ceasing is not so hard for me...help me, help me, help me...floats through my head on a continuous loop.  But that place of knowing God's presence and resting in God's peace is elusive at best.  Hurry and prepare this service, this program, this devotional book.  Write this paper so you can serve the church.  Fix this meal.  Shop for Christmas.  Organize decorations.  Have a party.  Teach Sunday school. 

On top of everything today, I have a headache.  bleh.  Help me...help me...help me...I'll be focused and resting later...help me...help me...help me...I'll be energetic later...help me...help me...help me...

Seems like this story would be somewhere in the report of the ministry of Jesus--especially if he is fully human.  Probably would have been, had he been fully human female...

Help me...help me...help me...

No comments:

Post a Comment