Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Outside the Box...

I have green toenails.  They are weird.  Uncomfortable.  My daughter says she likes them.  But I have never had green toenails.  No one in my generation has had green toenails.  Well, perhaps some people did, but they weren't supposed to...that was reason to go to the doctor.

I thought perhaps on my way to a youth conference with teenagers that I might stretch and do something a little fun.  And now, I have green toenails.  Nothing significant has changed in the world.  Politicians are still being stupid about the debt ceiling.  Homework is still to be done, books beg to be read, dreams inspire, and frustrations divert energy from important concerns.  But my toenails are green and not all is right with the world.

I even had her paint one and let me decide.  She painted on of the small nails...and that looked OK.  But then when green went on the big toe, well all I can say is I have green toenails.

Toenails will be green for  a few weeks.  We'll see if the world ends or the brain explodes.  Maybe it will open up a whole new world of creative thought and new perspectives.  Or maybe my toenails will just be green.  The worst thing is that my reputation is ruined.  You see, one of my youth asked me a question last weekend and after my answer she asked her friend if I was right.  The answer, "Beth's always right."

Not any more...

No comments:

Post a Comment