Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Prayer...

Hugh Prather wrote the following prayer in his book The Quiet Answer.
I release you from my hurt feelings.  I free you from my reading of your motives.  I withdraw my 'justified' outrage and leave you clean and happy in my mind.  In place of censure, I offer you all of God's deep contentment and peace.  I will perceive you singing, with a soft smile of freedom and a glow of rich satisfaction.  I bless you...You are a shining member of the Family of God, and I will wait patiently for this truthful vision to come honestly to my mind.
I find it helpful and have used it often in the week I have had it.  I actually printed it on a yellow card so I can find it quickly.  My favorite line, however, is the second half of the last line...I will wait patiently for this truthful vision to come honestly to my mind.  I am waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment