Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Again...

So here's the thing. I believe it. Actually, the better wording is that I trust the good news of this Easter resurrection thing.

"Believe" is a head thing. What you think about something. If I think about resurrection too much I struggle. I do have a quite capable brain and am thoroughly immersed in the enlightenment investment in scientific methods.

But with every fiber of my being, I trust this resurrection thing. I have experienced God's ability to bring life from death, to call out new life where nothing existed before. And I am amazed and grateful that God invites me into God's work of transformation and reconciliation. I am so completely human that it boggles the mind that God thinks I have something to offer.  But I experience those moments of grace and see the healing and I hold out Easter hope for the world.

I trust this Easter resurrection thing. I will sing my heart out and lift my prayers because this trust gives meaning and focus and hope to a world that too often and too completely spins out of control.

All this is wrapped up in that phrase we wear out in the Easter season:
He is risen. The Lord is risen, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment