Thursday, January 7, 2010

Seminary classes start this Saturday, and I'm already behind. This hasn't been a good week to have a last minute assignment, which we have. Faith is trusting God has some grand idea behind being in seminary...real life is "are-you-kidding-me-you-want-me-to-do-what-by-when-while-I- am-doing-what-God-wants-or-at-least-what-I-think-God-wants-cause-anyone-doing-this- otherwise-would-be-crazy!" It mixes up all together and comes out this mash up of pain and growth and joy and sadness that puts life into a completely new perspective. God's work gets done in spite of an incomplete assignment, a frustrated committee moderator, an impatient young adult, a broken spot light, or any other impediment that makes us gasp and forget who God is.

So, I am going to plug in a piano and set up some chairs, take food to a school for children who aren't fed on the weekends, make a flyer, plan a meal, hit the grocery store at some point, send a Sunday school schedule, write some overdue notes, and keep breathing in and out...gratefully knowing that God is in charge of the world and not me...(even though my husband might disagree!)

No comments:

Post a Comment