Saturday, February 13, 2016

Faithful Pathways: Hope

A huge majority of the American population doesn't know much of the Bible or its stories. I wonder if the not knowing means we live with no hope. We don't think any treaty can work. We don't trust that any enemy can change. We don't see that any progress can be made. We spend most of our time perfecting our division, not healing our differences.

Even the most calamitous stories of God's anger end in hope. Because God never stays angry. God only wants reconciliation and relationship with God's people. If we knew those stories, would we live differently?
Then they shall know that I am the LORD their God because I sent them into exile among the nations, and then gathered them into their own land. I will leave none of them behind; and I will never again hide my face form them, when I pour out my spirit upon the ouse of Israel, says the Lord GOD. 
If we believe God is drawing all people back to God and leaving none of them behind, would we treat each other differently?

What does it mean to live in hope? What action does it require on our part? On what pathway does it demand we walk?

Because there is hope. The Lord GOD says so. Try arguing with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment