Saturday, March 8, 2014

Power Surge--NOT!...

One of the questions I've been asked during Lent is "what powers your faith?" We here in this little town of High Point are living a Lenten metaphor. Many of us have no power.

EVERYTHING WE DO IN THIS COUNTRY IN ALL TIMES AND PLACES INVOLVES POWER!!!!!

I thought I was pretty adjusted until I was sending food with my husband today as he headed back to Virginia. I needed a container and found one in the dead frig with some really dead squash in it. So I dumped it in the sink because I knew I had to wash it by hand. We don't have power for the dishwasher, you know. So I dumped in the sink and flipped in the disposal.

Fail.

I just was thinking as I'm borrowing a home with power to wash a load of clothes and recharge the phone that we should be this plugged in to God. Cheesy, I know, but I wonder if faith was as connected to every part of our lives like power is…what God could accomplish.

I've given up TV, vacuuming, dishwashers, radio, any source of refrigeration, and the power garage door. At least for the next three days. It has been an interesting Lenten season.

No comments:

Post a Comment