Friday, March 13, 2015

Radical Hospitality...Persistance

Confession.

As I debated getting up at 5:40, I began thinking about this discipline of Lenten blog.

How many more days of Lent? I'm not sure I have anything more to say on radical hospitality. Am I sure I can't just fall back asleep and ignore this?

And that is the insight for today. Radical hospitality is a matter of persistence. I debated "slog" as a title. Because radical hospitality demands much of us. It's not the easy attraction of Martha Stewart entertaining or Hilton get-aways. It's the hard work of the gospel of love your enemies.

Think about that today. What would our lives be like if we really answered the call to love our enemies. Start by turning or putting down (as in newspaper/magazine) any media that calls for condemnation of our enemies. Wonder instead, what it would be like to love that person/group. And I'm talking biblical "love," the respect, inclusion, care-for-their-health-and-wholeness love.

Hope you have a good book, cause you're not going to consume much media today.

No comments:

Post a Comment