Thursday, December 22, 2011

Amazingly...

I have a picture of my son...amazingly, perhaps my favorite picture of him...sitting on a pathetically rusted tricycle with a busted rubber ball on his head.  Really?  I don't even remember where we got the tricycle.  The dog probably busted the ball.  What I love is the twinkle in his eye, his crooked little smile, and the attitude that says, "Yeah, I can get away with this.  I'm that cute..."

I wonder what Jesus did that elicited the same response in his mother.  Really?  This kid will change the world?  Amazing...

Truth is, every "hero" in the Bible could well have a busted ball on his or her head.  Amazingly, God works consistently through the ridiculously human.  So, thanks be to God, I'm putting a busted ball on my head, mounting my rusty tricycle, and waiting for orders.

(And, I have extra balls if any of you want to join me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment