Saturday, December 10, 2011

Letting go...

Today, a friend who I greatly admire had to take a sick day from work.  It was a last minute thing...but he managed somehow to leave instructions for every last possibility.  Leave nothing to chance or other people.  It's all important.  Be sure it's covered.

This morning, we heard a remarkable sermon.  I mean, take-your-breath-away-remarkable...a sermon that ushers you into the presence of the Almighty God whose salvation is for us and the entire world.  That God whose works are so extraordinary that the floods and the hills cry out for joy was palpably real in this sermon.  We thought perhaps worship was available, so we took a break after this sermon to see if everyone on campus could hear it...we wanted this Word proclaimed...this Encounter shared.

It was covered.  Better not change it.  And it wasn't bad, but it wasn't take-your-breath-away-remarkable.

Today, I am reminded that God is God.  That when I over-function, God's plans might be slowed.  I am grateful for my encounter with the Holy.  May I never get in the way of an encounter for someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment