Sunday, December 18, 2011

Chaos to Charming...

We rehearsed the Christmas program this morning for our Jan. 8 performance.  We've invited some adults to help us out.  I supposed some might question their status as adults...including themselves...but officially, they are.

Chaos ensued.  I think they got most of the instructions.  I know the youth and children did.  I think we will be good to go.  I used to really worry about whether these things would come off, but they always do.  When it comes time for the actual performance, all will pay attention and not talk unless they are supposed to.

I wonder if God feels the same way.  Perhaps these "between times" are simply God trying to run the rehearsal and us not paying attention, talking instead of listening, and having more fun than is humanly imaginable while not getting things accomplished.  Perhaps God is shaking God's head in private and hoping that everything will come together when it matters.

I pray to God to get it done.  I wonder who God prays to...

No comments:

Post a Comment