Sunday, December 4, 2011

Missed a day...

My goal is to post every day during Advent.  Notice I didn't make that public.  And yesterday, I missed a day.

Already.

Day 6.

Saturday.

I mean, come on.  Saturday?  Of all days you would think there would be time to post a blog....Saturday?! 


So now it is Sunday and I am preparing for Sunday school with children and youth who are working on a Christmas program....and some unsuspecting adults who will be tapped.  I am preparing for worship...each Sunday a walk through death and resurrection...each Sunday an opportunity to claim, live into,  and practice new life.   And then we are going to dedicate the "white house"...another opportunity in this community for healing and new life.  It looks great...I'll try to post a picture tomorrow and you can compare the before and after.

My point in all this is...well I don't really know.  What I do know is today and every day I have a promise of new life.  I live in a forgiven state...for the things I do and the things I have left undone as they would say in most Presbyterian Churches...

And it is still Advent.

No comments:

Post a Comment