Friday, March 11, 2016

Faithful Pathways: Body

Beautiful passage...tough pathway. I don't want everyone to be part of the body. There are people I don't like. They exhibit gifts I don't think we need...greed, selfishness, boorishness, hate.

For some reason, the passage goes from the end of 1 Corinthians 12 into chapter 13. We read that we are all part of the body...then we read that we need love or we have nothing.

Is the pathway littered with bodies who don't function out of love? Or do they stay in the body but disturb its function, much like plantar's warts, say. Maybe it's a continuum...age spots to cancerous growths. Some things are just annoying others are dangerous.

I don't know what to do with this pathway except travel it.

I think it will be bumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment