Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Faithful Pathways: Trust?

Psalm 5
People are voting today. It's a hard day to trust.
Give ear to my words, O LORD; give heed to my sighing.
We are voting for children dressed up in grown-up clothes.
Listen to the sound of my cry, my King and my God, for to you I pray.
Not one of them holds the descriptive label of "upright," "trustworthy," "concerned for others before themselves."
For you are not a God who delights in wickedness; evil will not travel with you.
I learned what was right when I was a child in this country. What did they learn? When did they change? Can I change them back?
Spread your protection over [us] so that those who love your name may exult in you.  For you bless the righteous, O LORD; you cover them with favor as with a shield.
We can only hope.

Maybe starting after this cycle, we can change the dialogue, the political rhetoric, the behavior by holding ourselves to the highest moral and behavioral standards.

We can only hope.


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment